The complete genome of the hyperthermophilic bacterium Aquifex aeolicus.
What does Aae stand for?
Aae stands for Aquifex Aeolicus
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of Aae
We have 134 other meanings of Aae in our Acronym Attic
- American Alternatives Energy Corporation
- American Association of Endodontists
- American Association of Engineers
- American Association of Entrepreneurs (since 1997; Washington, DC)
- Americans for Affordable Electricity
- Amsterdam Aviation Economics
- Anglo-American Establishment
- Annaba, Algeria - Les Salines (Airport Code)
- Apple Airport Extreme (software)
- Applications, Admissions and Enrollment
Samples in periodicals archive:
Several important human pathogens are included: Helicobacter pylori (7,19), Borrelia burgdorferi (12), Treponema pallidum (16), Mycobacterium tuberculosis (15), Rickettsia prowazekii (18), and Chlamydia species (17,20); the simplest known free-living organism, Mycoplasma genitalium (2); the model organisms, Escherichia coli (8) and Bacillus subtilis (10); Aquifex aeolicus (13) and Thermotoga maritima (21), two thermophilic bacterial species that may represent some of the deepest branching members of the bacterial lineage; five representatives of the archaeal domain (3,9,11, 14,28); and the first eukaryote, Saccaromyces cerevisiae (6).
In early 1998, investigators announced they had deciphered the complete DNA sequence of Aquifex aeolicus, a bacterium known as a hyperthermophile because it can survive temperatures reaching 95 [degrees] C.