Two fast-attack submarines, USS New Hampshire (SSN 778) and USS Connecticut (SSN 22), participated in ICEX 2011, which took place at the Applied Physics Laboratory Ice Station (APLIS) about 160 miles north of Prudhoe Bay, Alaska.
What does APLIS stand for?
APLIS stands for Applied Physics Laboratory Ice Station (US Navy)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of APLIS
We have 2 other meanings of APLIS in our Acronym Attic
- Asia Pacific Legal Institute (Ellicott City, MD)
- Asosiasi Penjualan Langsung Indonesia (Indonesian: Direct Sales Association of Indonesia)
- Association Professional Liability Insurance
- AustralAsian Palliative Care Link International
- Alaska Public Lands Information Center
- Asia Pacific Life Insurance Congress
- Association of Parliamentary Librarians in Canada (est. 1975)
- Avian Power Line Interaction Committee (est. 1989)
- Association for Population/Family Planning Libraries and Information Centers - International
- Anatomic Pathology Laboratory Information System
- Australasian Public Libraries and Information Services
- Australian Property Law Journal
- Analog Phase-Locked Loop
- Anaplastic Large Cell Lymphoma
- Aragona Pembroke Little League (Virginia Beach, VA)
- Associate Product Lead for Logistics (FAA)
- Anti-Personnel Land Mines
- Associated Parishes for Liturgy and Mission (Rochester, NY)
- Asia Pacific Loan Market Association
- Asia-Pacific Legal Metrology Forum
Samples in periodicals archive:
Samantha Carter) will travel to the sub-zero climate of the Arctic to shoot at the Navy's Applied Physics Laboratory Ice Station (APLIS) for the week of March 23 through 29.
It doesn't exist anywhere else in the world except in the Arctic," said Barry Campbell, officer in charge of Applied Physics Laboratory Ice Station and head of operations at the U.