The Jockey Hollow Mine site was reclaimed utilizing the Forestry Reclamation Approach as part of the Appalachian Regional Reforestation Initiative (ARRI).
What does ARRI stand for?
ARRI stands for Appalachian Regional Reforestation Initiative
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of ARRI
We have 16 other meanings of ARRI in our Acronym Attic
- Agricultural and Rural Restructuring Group
- Amateur Radio Relay Group (Oregon)
- Amateur Radio Repeater Group (various locations)
- Animal Rights and Rescue Group (Lismore, New South Wales, Australia)
- Arch Rival Roller Girls (Saint Louis, MO)
- Atlantic Region Reefers Group
- AWCF (Army Working Capital Fund) Requirements Review Group
- Aerospace Rescue and Recovery Group
- Albironi Reconstruction & Rehabilitation Institute
- Animal Reproduction Research Institute
- Arnold & Richter (motion picture camera equipment manufacturer)
- Arrival At Destination (rail car event movement code)
- Autism Research Review International
- Automation & Robotics Research Institute
- All-Russia Research Institute for Agricultural Microbiology
- Advanced Retraining & Redevelopment Initiative in Border Areas
- Architectural Resources for the Restructuring and Integration of Business Applications (research project; Institute for the Promotion of Innovation by Science and Technology in Flanders)
- Australian Rural Research-In-Progress
- Advanced Rulings Research Journal (video game)
- Agencja Rozwoju Regionu Kutnowskiego (Polish: Development Agency of the Kutnowskiego Region)
Samples in periodicals archive:
ArborGen partners with the Appalachian Regional Reforestation Initiative as part of ongoing mission to help reclaim environmentally degraded land on former coal mine sites RIDGEVILLE, S.
The Appalachian Regional Reforestation Initiative (ARRI), an OSM initiative, is a coalition of groups, including citizens, the coal industry, and government, dedicated to restoring forests on coal mined lands in the Eastern United States.
DMME Deputy Director Benny Wampler and Division of Mined Land Reclamation (DMLR) Director Bradley "Butch" Lambert presented the Interstate Mining Compact Commission (IMCC) National Mine Reclamation Award, the Appalachian Regional Reforestation Initiative (ARRI) Excellence in Reforestation Award, and DMLR's first Excellence in Reclamation Award to Paramont mine superintendent Jimmy Adkins and Alpha Natural Resources president and CEO Michael Quillen.