The 500-foot destroyer is equipped with surface-to-air and cruise missiles, antisubmarine rockets and torpedoes, and underwater surveillance equipment.
What does ASROC stand for?
ASROC stands for Antisubmarine Rocket
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
We have 1 other meaning of ASROC in our Acronym Attic
- American Society of Registered Nurses (Sausalito, CA; est. 2003)
- Antenna Structure Registration Number (US FCC)
- Australian Studies Regional Network
- Abbreviated Seismic Research Observatory(ies)
- Addressing Substance Related Offending (corrections)
- American Slope Racing Organization
- Asociatia de Standardizare din România
- ASTRO (American Society for Therapeutic Radiology and Oncology) School of Radiation Oncology (Fairfax, VA)
- Atomic Short-Range Order
- Automated Systems and Robotics (Dunwoody College of Technology; Minneapolis, MN)
- Aerospace Sounding Rocket Vehicle
- Adaptive Spectral Reconnaissance Program (DARPA)
- Adult Summer Reading Program (various organizations)
- African Security Research Project (Washington, DC)
- Aging Systems Research Program (FAA)
- All Society Research Project (IEEE)
- Aluminum Spiral Rib Pipe
- Ammunition Stockpile Reliability Program
- Arabidopsis Small RNA Project (database)
- ARC Standard Raster Product
Samples in periodicals archive:
Desert Ship is continually being upgraded to meet live-fire testing requirements for all versions of Standard Missiles (SM), including Land Attack Standard Missiles (LASM) and Aegis variants of SM-1 and SM-2, Sea Sparrow, Sea Lance and Vertical Launched Antisubmarine Rocket (VI.
In addition, Loral booked more than $100 million in follow-on orders for other tactical weapons and guidance programs, including the seeker for the Theater High Altitude Area Defense (THAAD) system, the seeker for the Army's Javelin antitank weapon, the Vertical Launch Antisubmarine Rocket (VLA) for the U.