In September 2011, Iran unveiled its 200-km range Qader anti-ship cruise missile with a high-precision striking capability and the Iranian defense industries have mass-produced the powerful missile.
What does ASCM stand for?
ASCM stands for Anti-ship Cruise Missile (US Navy)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of ASCM
We have 27 other meanings of ASCM in our Acronym Attic
- Advanced Solar Cell Manufacturing (production concept)
- Advanced Space Computing Module
- Advanced Spaceborne Computer Model
- Agreement on Subsidies and Countervailing Measures
- Air and Space Campaign Medal (US DoD)
- Air Space Control Measure(s)
- Alberta Survey Control Marker (Canada)
- Alberta Survey Control Monument/Marker (Alberta, Canada)
- American Congress on Surveying and Mapping (Gaithersburg, MD)
- American Society for the Communication of Mathematics (Oklahoma City, OK)
- Anti-Surface Cruise Missile
- Antiship Capable Missile
- Application Support Center Manager
- Aquatic Study Club Makassar
- Artistic Stamped Concrete of Maryland LLC (Baltimore, MD)
- Asian Seminary of Christian Ministries
- Associated Students of Construction Management
- Association of Specialist Car Manufacturers
- Master Chief Aviation Support Equipment Technician (US Navy rating)
- American Society of Combat Martial Artists
Samples in periodicals archive:
RAM is a light weight and supersonic missile, which is utilized for defense against anti-ship cruise missiles and helicopters.
Robust International Fleet Self-defense System RAM is a supersonic, lightweight, quick reaction, fire-and-forget missile providing defense against anti-ship cruise missiles, helicopter and airborne threats, and hostile surface craft.
Iran's navy has officially received new coastal-based anti-ship cruise missiles, UPI has reported.
Overall, Iran's development program has strengthened its naval capabilities, yielding increases in the country's inventory of small boats, mines, anti-ship cruise missiles, torpedoes, and air defense equipment," it said.
These craft may be small, only 17 meters (56 feet) long in some cases, but they carry "serious firepower," including torpedoes and the Iranian-made "Kowsar" anti-ship cruise missile, the study said.
Medvedev said in the television interview that current defence cooperation was "not enough" and there needed to be more projects such as the Bramos anti-ship cruise missile jointly developed by the two sides.
The Phalanx CIWS is a 20mm, rapid-fire, Gatling gun utilized as a last defense against anti-ship cruise missiles.