A more specific screening tool is the anti-smooth muscle antibody level; a serum protein electrophoresis also can test for this disease.
What does ASMA stand for?
ASMA stands for Anti-Smooth Muscle Antibody
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of ASMA
We have 42 other meanings of ASMA in our Acronym Attic
- Actin, Alpha 1, Skeletal Muscle
- Active Surface Movement Advisor
- Adaptive Security Management Architecture (computing)
- Advanced System Management Adapter (IBM)
- Aerospace Medical Association
- Air Staff Management Aid
- Alpha Skeletal Muscle Actin
- American Scholastic Math Association
- American Society of Marine Artists (Ambler, Pennsylvania)
- Antarctic Specially Managed Area
- Asphalt Sealcoat Manufacturers Association
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting
- Atari SAP Music Archive
- Association Syndrome de Marfan - Les Amis d'Antoine
- Adhesives and Sealants Manufacturers Association of Canada (est. 1966)
- Advanced School of Mass Communication (Cameroon)
- American Society of Medical Association Counsel (Manchester, ME)
- American Society of Music Arrangers and Composers
- Asociación de Scout de México, AC (Spanish: Boy Scouts of Mexico)
- Association for Social and Medical Action and Education (Germany)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Anti-smooth muscle antibody and rheumatoid factors were negative or low titer in all patients.
The findings of increased immunoglobulin levels, positive anti-nuclear antibody and positive anti-smooth muscle antibody in a chronic hepatitis patient indicate: a.