In its latest trends report, The Anti-Phishing Working Group says 18,480 unique phishing reports were received in March 2006, up from 12,883 in March 2005.
What does APWG stand for?
APWG stands for Anti-Phishing Working Group
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of APWG
We have 18 other meanings of APWG in our Acronym Attic
- Association of Professional Women Engineers of Nigeria (Victoria Island, Lagos, Nigeria)
- A Posteriori Wiener Filtering
- Allied Powers Wrestling Federation
- Asia Pacific Water Forum
- Acquisition Policy Working Group
- Action Plan Work Group
- Advocates for Prostituted Women and Girls
- AFSCN Priorities Working Group
- AFSCN Prioritization Working Group
- Animal Palaeopathology Working Group
- Advanced Placement World History
- AP Consultants Web Hosting
- Allied Prisoners of War and Internees
- American Printware, Inc.
- Asosiasi Pengusaha Wartel Indonesia (Indonesian: Wartel Indonesian Employers Association)
- Association of Professional Women in Insurance (New York, NY)
- American Prisoner of War Information Bureau
- Asian Pacific Women's Information Network Center (South Korea)
- AP (Associated Partners) Wireless Infrastructure Partners LLC (San Diego, CA)
- Asia-Pacific Women in Politics Network (Bangladesh)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Messaging Anti-Abuse Working Group Holds Joint Meeting with Anti-Phishing Working Group SAN FRANCISCO, Dec.
Inside the Tackle Box: Phishing Facts 2,625 Number of active phishing sites reported in February 2005 to the Anti-Phishing Working Group United States Country hosting the most phishing Web sites i 5.
Nominum, the leading provider of network naming and addressing technologies, announced today that it has joined the Anti-Phishing Working Group (APWG), an organization dedicated to eliminating identity theft and fraud related to e-mail scams known as Phishing.
7 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- SurfControl (LONDON: SRF) , a world leader in enterprise threat protection, today announced its membership in the Anti-Phishing Working Group (APWG).
Internet Domain Name Registry Focuses on Enhancing Security, Protecting Against Spam, and Building Anti-Phishing Practices for Internet Domain Names DUBLIN, Ireland -- Afilias, a global provider of registry services, today announced that it has been elected to serve on the Steering Committee of the Anti-Phishing Working Group (APWG), the global industry and law enforcement association focused on eliminating identity theft and fraud perpetrated online through phishing, spamming, and crimeware.
the secure email identification company, and the Anti-Phishing Working Group (APWG), today announced that Iconix has joined the APWG.
The Anti-Phishing Working Group (APWG) announced today that the number of crimeware variants detected in December shattered all previous records rising to 340, an increase of more than 43 percent from the previous high of 237 variations - and some 62 percent higher than the December-to-December mean of 210 variants.