As GAD-65 antibody is associated with gluten sensitivity, it is conceivable that in some patients with gluten sensitivity, the anti-gliadin antibody response would affect both synapsin I activity, as well as reduction in GABA release, which may explain severe ataxia in some patients with gluten sensitivity.
What does AGA stand for?
AGA stands for Anti-Gliadin Antibody
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of AGA
We have 221 other meanings of AGA in our Acronym Attic
- American Gymnastics Association
- Anarchist Golfing Association
- Androgenetic Alopecia
- Angel Gate Academy
- Anglo Gold Ashanti (South Africa)
- Animal Guardians of America
- Anne Ginther and Associates
- Annual General Adjustment
- Annual General Assembly
- Anthracite Golf Association
- Apple Grain Aphid
- Application Governance and Archiving (software)
- Appropriate for Gestational Age
- Aquatic Gardeners Association
- Arab Geologists' Association
- Arbeitsgemeinschaft Afghanistan
- Arbeitsgemeinschaft Autorinnen
- Arbitrary-Geometry Antenna
- Archivo General de la Administración (Spain)
- Arizona Gazehound Association
Samples in periodicals archive:
Even though most laboratories offer them, the anti-gliadin antibody has fallen out of favor by most gastroenterologists given its poor sensitivity and specificity, leading to poor predictive values for celiac disease.
To further verify whether nonspecific binding was present, 10 IgA-MGUS sera were also tested by immunoenzymatic assay for the presence of IgA anti-gliadin antibody (ImmunoCAP System; Pharmacia-Upjohn) and anti-transglutaminase IgA antibody (Medipan); all 10 sera were positive in both tests.