a world leader in the discovery and development of RNAi-based therapeutics, today announced interim results from the first two cohorts of its Open Label, first-in-human Phase I clinical study of QPI-1007, the Company's proprietary synthetic siRNA drug candidate for ocular neuroprotection, in patients with recent onset of non-arteritic anterior ischemic optic neuropathy (NAION).
What does AION stand for?
AION stands for Anterior Ischemic Optic Neuropathy
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of AION
- Action internationale de l'Ordre de Malte
- Advanced Intra Operative Monitoring
- Affiliate International Organisation Member
- Agenzia Imprenditoriale Operatori Marittimi (Italy)
- American Institute of Medicine
- American Institute of Oriental Medicine (San Diego, CA)
- Analog Input Output Master
- Associazione Italiana di Oncologia Medica (Italy)
- Associazione nazionale di Ingegneria Offshore e Marina
- Astronomy Image of the Month
- Australian Institute of Navigation
- All in One Nursing Services (Hilo, HI)
- Abstract Interpretation of Object-Oriented Languages (international workshop)
- Accademia Italiana Odontoiatria Protesica (Italian: Italian Academy of Prosthetic Dentistry)
- All-in-One PC (Personal Computer)
- American Institute of Physics (College Park, MD; est. 1931)
- Associazione Italiana Ospedalità Privata (Rome, Italy)
- Australian Institute of Office Professionals
- Association of Information Officers in the Pharmaceutical Industry
- Arhitektura I Organizacija Racunala (Serbian: Architecture and Computer Organization)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Sleep apnea can increase the risk of developing glaucoma and can worsen the symptoms of anterior ischemic optic neuropathy (AION), papilledema, and diabetic retinopathy.
Anterior ischemic optic neuropathy after open heart operations.
1,16-18) Ischemic insults can be classified into two categories, anterior ischemic optic neuropathy (AION) and PION, the latter being the rarer of the two.
People who take medications to control high blood pressure at bedtime or in excessive amounts may be at increased risk for an eye disorder known as anterior ischemic optic neuropathy (AION) or stroke of the eye.
clinics recruited 244 men and women with nonarteritic anterior ischemic optic neuropathy.
This type of blindness is called NAION, or non-arteritic anterior ischemic optic neuropathy and can appear in men who are diabetic or have heart disease.
This drug candidate, having a proprietary siRNA structure, is being developed for the treatment of non-arteritic anterior ischemic optic neuropathy (NAION).