A 3cm long vertical incision was made over both anterior inferior iliac spines and supra-acetabular screws were placed from the anterior inferior iliac spines to the posterior inferior iliac spines to fix the bilateral iliac wing fractures.
What does AIIS stand for?
AIIS stands for Anterior Inferior Iliac Spine
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of AIIS
We have 16 other meanings of AIIS in our Acronym Attic
- Association des Ingénieurs de l'INSA (Institut National des Sciences Appliquées) de Rennes (French engineers association)
- Associazione Imprenditori Italiani in Romania (Italian: Association of Italian Entrepreneurs in Romania)
- Air Force Weather Agency (AFWA) Information Ingest and Retrieval System
- American Institute of Iranian Studies (New York, NY)
- Automated Intelligence Information Reporting System (US DoD)
- Associate of the International Institute of Risk and Safety Management
- American Institute for International Steel
- American Institute of Indian Studies
- American Institute of International Studies (California)
- Ameritec Information Industry Services
- Artificial Intelligence Software Agent
- Automated Information Infrastructure System
- Automated Issue Identification System
- Association des Infirmiers de Soins à Domicile
- Artificial Intelligence Interface Standards Committee
- Angel Island Immigration Station Foundation (California)
- All India Institute of Speech and Hearing (Myore, India)
- Association des Infirmières et Infirmiers de Salle d'Opération du Canada (Operating Room Nurses Association of Canada)
- Advanced Institute of Industrial Technology (Japan)
- American International Investors Trust (now Investors Trust Assurance SPC)
Samples in periodicals archive:
A large Hohmann retractor was placed on the anterior inferior iliac spine to retract the femoral neck and to translate the femur anteriorly for acetabular reaming and component placement.
The length and angle of this axis and exiting area on the lateral ilium were measured, which was a landmark for antegrade screw insertion (intersection point of perpendicular lines from the tip of the anterior inferior iliac spine and from the superior edge of the acetabulum, Fig.