This cycle is reminiscent of one occurring on the opposite pole, known as the Antarctic Circumpolar Wave, which has been related to the El Nino-Southern Oscillation atmospheric pattern.
What does ACW stand for?
ACW stands for Antarctic Circumpolar Wave
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of ACW
We have 113 other meanings of ACW in our Acronym Attic
- Alliance for Computers and Writing
- Alternating Continuous Wave
- Always Consistent With (shipping)
- American Championship Wrestling
- American Civil War
- American Cord & Webbing (Woonsocket, RI)
- Amplitude Control Word (electrical engineering)
- Anarchy Championship Wrestling (Texas)
- Anglian Championship Wrestling (UK)
- Anglican Church Worldwide
- Anterior Chest Wall
- Anticarrier Warfare
- Artificial Climbing Wall
- Arts Council of Wales
- Arts Council of Wales (UK)
- Asbestos Containing Waste
- Ashfield-Colborne-Wawanosh (Canada)
- Assessed Course Work
- Association Campanaire Wallonne (French: Campanarian Association of Wallonia; Belgium)
- Association of Community Workers (UK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Building on this success in unraveling ENSO, meteorologists and oceanographers have begun to identify a host of other ocean-atmosphere oscillations operating in the earth's climate system: the North Atlantic Oscillation, the Arctic Oscillation, the Antarctic Oscillation, the Pacific Decadal Oscillation, the Indian Ocean Dipole, and the Antarctic Circumpolar Wave.
The third player is a newly identified phenomenon known as the Antarctic Circumpolar Wave, in which long, low oceanic waves slowly circle the southern continent in a clockwise direction.