They found that Antarctic Bottom Water has been disappearing at an average rate of about 8 million metric tons per second over the past few decades, equivalent to about 50 times the average flow of the Mississippi River, according to statement from the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), which helped fund the data collection.
What does AABW stand for?
AABW stands for Antarctic Bottom Water
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of AABW
We have 2 other meanings of AABW in our Acronym Attic
- Aachen Aphasia Bedside Test
- Asian American Bank and Trust Co.
- Association for the Advancement of Behavior Therapy
- Renal Transport of Beta-Amino Acids
- Above and Beyond the Call of Duty
- Advanced Association of Beauty Therapists (Australia)
- Ann Arbor Bicycle Touring Society
- Al Al Bayt University (Jordan)
- Automobile Aerosol Business Unit (China)
- As Agreed Upon Between User and Supplier
- Association des Architectes du Brabant Wallon (French: Brabant Wallon Architects Association; Belgium)
- Australian Antique Bottle Website (University of Melbourne; Victoria, Australia)
- Ayrshire Association of Business Women (UK)
- Amphibious Assault Bulk Water System
- African-American Business Women of Vision (Christian-based; San Diego, CA)
- Animals Always Believe in You (Kingwood, TX)
- As Amended By
- Aberdeen Aikido Club (UK)
- Abnormal Accruals (accounting)
- Academic Advisory Center
Samples in periodicals archive:
The system, known as Antarctic Bottom Water (AABW), is generated in clockwise movement in four big sea shelves that abut Antarctica-the Weddell Sea, Prydz Bay, Adelie Land and Ross Sea, a private news channel reported.
Oceanographers often recognize these dominant sources through the proper names North Atlantic Deep Water and Antarctic Bottom Water.