If any of my mates have been trying to phone me over the past 24 hours I'm sorry that the answer message has greeted them but tough.
What does ANM stand for?
ANM stands for Answer Message (telecommunications)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of ANM
We have 80 other meanings of ANM in our Acronym Attic
- Advancing Native Missions
- Agent Network Management
- Alliance for Nonprofit Management (Washington, DC)
- Alphanumeric Monitor
- Alt.Nudism.Moderated (newsgroup)
- Alternate Nuclear Materials
- Ambient Noise Measurement
- Ameritech Network Management
- And No Mistake
- Announcement Module
- Arab Nationalist Movement
- Asamblea Nacional de Maestros (National Assembly of Teachers, Guatemala)
- Assistant Nurse Manager (various locations)
- Association Nationale des Médiateurs (French: National Association of Mediators)
- Association Nautique Moissagaise (French boating association)
- Association Notation pour le Mouvement (French: Association for the Notation Movement)
- Association of Natural Medicine (UK)
- ATC Network Manager
- Atelier Nîmois de Métallisation (French metallization company)
- Automated Network Management
Samples in periodicals archive:
I came home to an answer message from the education department asking me to contact them to let them know what school my daughter was attending.
An answer message system is in operation outside these times).
You can effectively answer messages which contain multiple, rambling questions immediately after each question, by using a different, contrasting color for each answer.
His mobile phone answer message plays The Temps' first hit, Check Yourself, before his Texarkana accent drawls, "If you're calling Otis you'd better check yourself, and if you believe it, leave it.
With the VX9400, you have the ability to make calls, answer messages, and when finished, go right back to enjoying TV programs -- just like if a consumer were to step away from the television set during a program for a minute or two at home.
Teachers certainly don't have the time to monitor and answer messages during school time, which would mean staff would have to work even more anti-social hours than they already tend to do marking and writing reports.
It seems we are obsessed with technology and for a good many people interrupting a face-to-face meeting to answer messages is seen as, not rude as we might have expected, but a sign of efficiency.