BSD company representatives made presentations on three topics entitled: (1) "Deep Adaptive-Phased-Array 3D steering of RF power with invasive E-field probe targeting," (2) "Evaluation of an Annular Phased Array of microwave dipole antennae as a breast applicator" and (3) "Twin spiral microwave/RF applicator for superficial hyperthermia.
What does APA stand for?
APA stands for Annular Phased Array
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of APA
We have 762 other meanings of APA in our Acronym Attic
- American Pyrotechnics Association
- Americanist Phonetic Alphabet
- Amerindian Peoples Association
- Amphibious Transport
- Amplified Piezoelectric Actuator (Cedrat Technologies, France)
- Amputee Coalition of America
- Anglican Province of America
- Animal Pedigree Act (Canada)
- Animal Protection Agency (various locations)
- Animated Pedagogical Agent (computing)
- Another Pointless Acronym
- Antagonist Perpetrated Aggression
- Antenna Pointing Angles
- Anti-Penguin Association
- Antiphospholipid Antibody
- antipolymer antibody (assay)
- Appalachian Pagan Alliance
- Appareil à Prélèvement Atmosphérique (French: Atmospheric Sampling Unit)
- Application Portfolio Architecture
- Appropriation Purchase Account
Samples in periodicals archive:
The BSD-2000 overcomes such limitations by heating the tumor from inside out, employing a series of patented annular phased array radio frequency antennae that produce energy waves, which pass harmlessly through the body," said Frost & Sullivan research analyst A.
BSD Medical Corporation is primarily engaged in clinical hyperthermia systems for cancer treatment in combination with radiotherapy and/or chemotherapy based on the Company's patented annular phased array microwave technology.
The system capitalizes on BSD's patented three-dimensional adaptive electronic annular phased array (APA) focusing which optimizes treatment of deep tissue tumors.
Regarding the study rationale, the report states that "Hyperthermia was given approximately 1 hour after radiation utilizing radio-frequency (RF) annular phased arrays driven and controlled by the BSD-2000.