Meanwhile, the Department announced that seven states--Alabama, Alaska, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Maine, and West Virginia--may freeze their Annual Measurable Objectives (AMOs) for the coming school year, while they work on their waiver requests.
What does AMO stand for?
AMO stands for Annual Measurable Objective (No Child Left Behind measurement)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of AMO
We have 120 other meanings of AMO in our Acronym Attic
- Aircraft Maintenance Officer
- Allied Meteorological Office
- Alternant Molecular Orbital
- America's Multimedia Online
- American Maritime Officer
- American Medical Optical (Irvine, CA)
- American Motors Owners Association (car club)
- Ammunition Management Office
- Amphibious Military Operations
- Analysis Management Object (software; Microsoft)
- Application Maintenance Outsourcing
- Application Management Outsourcing
- Approved Maintenance Organization
- Aquisition Management Oversight (US Army)
- Arama Motoru Optimizasyonu (Turkish: Search Engine Optimization)
- Archery Manufacturers & Merchants Organization
- Architectenvereniging van Mechelen en Omstreken (Dutch: Architect Association of Mechelen and Surroundings; Mechelen, Belgium)
- Area Maintenance Office (USPS)
- Área Monetaria Óptima (Galician: Optimal Monetary Area)
- Area of Maritime Operations
Samples in periodicals archive:
Namely, the waiver plan gives states three options to obtain waivers: by cutting in half the percentage of students who are not proficient within six years, setting annual measurable objectives that result in 100 percent proficiency by 2020 or using some other method that results in "ambitious but achievable" objectives for all schools and subgroups.
That data would come from annual measurable objectives, which include participation in the MCAS, closing achievement gaps between groups of students, student growth, attendance and graduation rates.