Although the annual mean wind speed decreased by more than 10% over this period (Kull 2005), only marginal changes were recorded in the annual mean wave height (Suursaar & Kullas 2009).
What does AMWS stand for?
AMWS stands for Annual Mean Wind Speed
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of AMWS
We have 7 other meanings of AMWS in our Acronym Attic
- All Manipur Working Journalist Union (India)
- Alexia Moore Wine Marketing (California)
- Angry Militant White Male
- Alice M. Ward Memorial Library (Canaan, VT)
- Amphibious Warfare Operation
- Autotic Mineral Water Packing (machine)
- Aotearoa Maori Womens Rugby (New Zealand)
- Army Morale, Welfare and Recreation Fund
- Advanced Missile Warning System
- Agile Multi-Role Weapon System
- Assault Maneuver Weapon System (Xenosaga game)
- Association of Massachusetts Wetland Scientists
- Australian Music Web Site (music resource)
- Affiliate Marketing and Web Service Operations Co Ltd
- Affiliate Marketing by WSO (Web Studio One)
- Amalgamated Metal Workers and Shipwrights Union (Australia)
- Advanced Mixed Waste Treatment Facility
- Advanced Mixed Waste Treatment Project
- African Mine Workers' Union
- Amalgamated Metal Workers Union (Australia)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The annual mean wind speed for the years 1966-1969 was 5.
At 60 metres, the annual mean wind speed for the region is predicted to be 6.