Efficiency is measured as annual fuel utilization efficiency (AFUE) for furnaces and heating seasonal performance factor (HSPF) for heat pumps.
What does AFUE stand for?
AFUE stands for Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Azad Fikir Universiteti (Azerbaijani: Free Thought University)
- Ammunition Fire Unit - Mission Fired Report
- Arts for Us All (Singapore)
- African Union of the Blind
- Air Force Uniform Board
- Armenian Federation of UN Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization Clubs and Associations (Armenia)
- Allowance for Funds Used to Conserve Energy
- American Foundation for Urologic Disease
- Accumulated Funds Used During Construction
- Allowance for Funds Used During Construction
- Alternative Fuels User Facility
- Association Française des Urologues de France
- AIRS Facility Users Group
- Albany Film Users Group (Western Australia)
- Amateurfunkgesetz (German: Amateur Radio Act)
- Atlanta FoxPro Users Group (Atlanta, GA)
- Aksjonsgruppa for Ungdommens Kultursenter (Norwegian: Action Group for Youth Culture; Rana, Norway)
- Algemiene Fryske Underrjocht Kommisje (Frisian: General Frisian Education Committee; Netherlands)
- Association Francophone des Utilisateurs de Linux et des Logiciels Libres
- Aviation Fuel Specialist (US Coast Guard)
Samples in periodicals archive:
5 percent Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency (AFUE), and the Infinity 20 adaptable-speed heat pump with Greenspeed intelligence, available with a Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio (SEER) up to 20.
merits a 95 annual fuel utilization efficiency, or AFUE rating).
The Infinity 98 fully modulating gas furnace, in the 60,000 Btuh, 5-ton size, is the most efficient gas furnace a consumer can buy with an Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency (AFUE) of 98.
The furnace line will deliver precise comfort with reduced energy use, and is the most energy efficient furnace in Carrier history, with an Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency (AFUE) up to 98 percent.
300 for gas furnaces (92 % annual fuel utilization efficiency (AFUE) rating or greater
Owners of, or customers living in, a house or other individually metered dwelling unit can receive up to $200 back when purchasing furnaces or boilers rated high in annual fuel utilization efficiency (AFUE).
The Triathlon rates an equivalent 126 percent Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency (AFUE) on the heating side, where the most efficient furnaces rate up to 96 percent AFUE.