Summary: Abusive practices at Chinese zoos have been revealed in a report published by Animals Asia Foundation.
What does AFF stand for?
AFF stands for Animals Asia Foundation
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of AFF
We have 151 other meanings of AFF in our Acronym Attic
- Alliance for Fair Food (human rights organization)
- Alternative Film Festival (various locations)
- Always Friends Forever
- American FactFinder (US Census data retrieval system)
- American Focused Fund (mutual fund)
- American Folk Festival
- American Forest Foundation
- Anchorage Film Festival (Anchorage, AK)
- Andrus Family Fund (New York, NY)
- Angels Fall First
- Animation Film Festival (various organizations)
- Anne Frank Fonds (Switzerland)
- Apostolic Faith Fellowship
- Application for Funding (various organizations)
- Arcadian Freedom Fighters
- Archives Française du Film (French: French Film Archives)
- Arming, Fuzing, and Firing (weapons/munitions)
- Army Families Federation (UK)
- Army Field Forces (US Army)
- Artificial Flat Fading
Samples in periodicals archive:
Hong Kong-based Animals Asia Foundation said its investigation of 13 Chinese zoos and safari parks between September 2009 and August 2010 uncovered evidence of animals being beaten with sticks and metal hooks as well as tigers and lions with their teeth and claws removed, causing chronic pain.
The week-old moon bear cub, named "Tiger" for the new Lunar Year, died Sunday morning despite attempts to treat it at the Moon Bear Rescue Centre near Hanoi, said Hong Kong-based Animals Asia Foundation, which runs the facility.
There will also be a host of animal charities at Crufts including Animals Asia Foundation, Battersea Dogs and Cats Home, BirminghamDogs Home, Blue Cross, Retired Greyhound Trust, Wood Green Animal Shelters and the Kennel Club Breed Rescue.
PAW will be hosting another music event in 2009 which will see them supporting the following five animal welfare and conservation charities: Animals Asia Foundation, SPANA, Wildlife Aid, The Monkey Sanctuary Trust and The Cinnamon Trust.
Aiming to raise funds for Animals Asia Foundation, the event at Chung Ying Garden Chinese restaurant in the city centre will include a talk by charity founder Jill Robinson and an auction.
To donate to the Animals Asia Foundation go to www.
Jill Robinson of the Animals Asia Foundation said: "It's absolutely horrifying.