But when the rats reached adulthood, an infusion of the hormone angiotensin II resulted in rapid and dramatic increases in all key indicators in animals that experienced early life stress.
What does AII stand for?
AII stands for Angiotensin II
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of AII
We have 81 other meanings of AII in our Acronym Attic
- Action-Inferring Interface
- Active Input Interface (used in UNI PMD specs for Copper/Fiber)
- Adriatic and Ionian Initiative (various locations)
- Advanced Interactive Interfaces
- Agence de l'Innovation Industrielle (French Agency for Industrial Innovation)
- Airborne Infection Isolation (public health)
- Alloys International, Inc. (Islandia, NY)
- American Institute of Inspectors (Lower Lake, CA)
- American International Industries (Los Angeles, CA)
- Analogical and Inductive Inference
- Area of Intelligence Interest
- Army Information Infrastructure
- Army Intelligence Interpreter
- Art Institutes International (various locations)
- ASEAN Information Infrastructure
- Asset Inclusion Indicator
- Assured Information Infrastructure
- Atelier d'Image et d'Informatique (Computer graphics school, Paris, France)
- Attachment Individual Identifier
- Australian Industry Involvement
Samples in periodicals archive:
Data published in the Journal of the American Society of Hypertension demonstrate that early blockade of angiotensin II reversed vascular hypertrophy PARSIPPANY, N.
High levels of angiotensin II in the blood have been linked with poor cardiovascular health.
1]R-mediated signaling by particles occurs earlier than that of endothelins; b) angiotensin II is a much more potent vasoconstrictor than EGF; and c) activation of A[T.
These genes' expression in human kidney mesangial cells was reportedly upregulated by treatment with angiotensin II (10,11).
Angiotensin II receptor antagonists generally are very well tolerated antihypertensive drugs, but they should be considered as a potential cause of acute reactions, even in patients who have taken them for years.
About 90% of angiotensin II is present in tissues, whereas only 10% is found in the circulation.
Teveten(R) HCT is a combination of the angiotensin II receptor blocker (ARB), eprosartan mesylate, and the diuretic, hydrochlorothiazide.