The docking mechanism, called the Androgynous Peripheral Docking Assembly (APDA), was shipped last Thursday from the Energia production facility in Kaliningrad, near Moscow.
What does APDA stand for?
APDA stands for Androgynous Peripheral Docking Assembly (NASA)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of APDA
We have 21 other meanings of APDA in our Acronym Attic
- Afghan Peace and Democracy Act
- Afram Plains District Assembly (Africa)
- Alabama Pediatric Dental Associates & Orthodontics (Huntsville and Madison, AL)
- Alabama Pediatric Dental Association
- Alaska Public Defender Agency
- American Parkinson's Disease Association
- American Parliamentary Debate Association
- American Parts Distributors Association
- American Power Dispatchers Association
- Androgynous Peripheral Docking Adapter
- Anomalous Propagation Detection Algorithm (fuzzy logic algorithm)
- Apple Programmers and Developers Association
- Appliance Parts Distributors Association, Inc
- Application Driven Architecture
- Arctic Precipitation Data Archive
- Arizona Public Defender Association
- Asia Pacific Direct Australia
- Asian Population and Development Association
- Asociación Peruana de Déficit de Atención (Peruvian Association for Attention Deficit)
- Association des Parents de Déficients Auditifs (Auditive Association of Retarded Adults; Mauritius)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Under terms of the agreement, Rockwell SSD will procure from NPO Energia one certified flight unit of the Russian Androgynous Peripheral Docking Assembly (APDA), spare parts and technical services for ground/flight testing.
Under this Phase One effort, Energia will provide technical information, perform dynamic docking tests and supply resultant test data necessary to determine compatibility of the Androgynous Peripheral Docking Assembly (APDA) with the space shuttle orbiter for the joint U.