Shane Bell, National Archives at Atlanta * Daniel Stowell, Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library and Museum * Eric Leonard, Andersonville National Historic Site * Kenneth Noe, author of Reluctant Rebels and Auburn University professor Slavery and Freedom in Black and White: The African American Experience in 19th Century Newspapers, an exhibition of original newspapers, features articles on African American history, including editions of Harper's Weekly, The Globe, The Liberator, and Savannah Daily Herald, drawn from the private collection of Christine Mitchell.
What does ANDE stand for?
ANDE stands for Andersonville National Historic Site (US National Park Service)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of ANDE
We have 3 other meanings of ANDE in our Acronym Attic
- Australian National Dialogue of Christians, Muslims and Jews (Australia)
- Alliance Nationale pour la Démocratie et le Développement
- Anderson Disease
- American Nigerian Dwarf Dairy Association
- Andrea Nann Dreamwalker Dance Company (Toronto, Ontario, Canada)
- Association of Negros Darters and Darts Clubs
- Associação Nacional de Desporto para a Deficiência Mental (Portugese)
- Association Nigérienne pour la Défense des Droits de l'Homme (French: Niger Association for the Defense of the Rights of Man)
- Administracion Nacional de Electricidad
- Alphanumeric Display Equipment
- Architecture Neutral Distribution Format
- Asociación Nacional de Educadores (National Association of Educators, Costa Rica)
- Atmospheric Neutral Drag Experiment
- Association Nour pour le Développement, l'Environnement et l'Alphabétisation (French)
- Associazione Nazionale Distributori Elettronica Civile (Italian: National Association of Civil Electronics Dealers)
- Agence Nationale pour le Déement de l'Évaluation Médicale (French)
- Asociación Nacional de Educadores de Nicaragua (Spanish: National Association of Educators of Nicaragua)
- Advanced Naval Damage-control Expert System
- Ambient Noise Directional Estimation System
- Association Nationale de Développement des Épiceries Solidaires (French grocery alliance)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Today the 515-acre plot of land now known as Andersonville National Historic Site serves as a memorial to those soldiers.
2 /PRNewswire/ -- Rolling Thunder's 2010 Ride Home, a multi-day annual activity held in conjunction with the Andersonville National Historic Site and the Friends of Andersonville to recognize and honor the nation's Prisoners of War (POW) and those still Missing in Action (MIA), will be held in Andersonville and Americus, GA, Sept.
Andersonville National Historic Site is located 10 miles north of Americus, Ga.
Is not Andersonville National Historic Site, a prison camp that held Federal soldiers during the Civil War, a place at which one can weep only bitter tears of shame for what people have done to each other?
net, both of Rolling Thunder; or Fred Boyles, superintendent, Andersonville National Historic Site, for NPS, +1-229-924-0343, fred_boyles@nps.