Fred Hageneder, founding member and chairman of the Friends of the Trees charity and a founder member of the Ancient Yew Group, says countless yews were destroyed in the Middle Ages as they were stripped to provide staves for longbows.
What does AYG stand for?
AYG stands for Ancient Yew Group (conservation)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of AYG
We have 1 other meaning of AYG in our Acronym Attic
- Are You Freaking Kidding Me (polite form)
- American Youth Football League (Florida, USA)
- Alaska Youth and Family Network
- African Youth Forum for Peace
- Are You For Real?
- Auburn Youth and Family Services
- All Year Figure Skating Club
- African Youth for Transparency (Nigeria)
- All Your Favorite Things (Philadelphia, PA)
- Accelerate Your Game (athletic training; Jessup, MD)
- Annual Yearly Gain
- Asian Youth Games (international multi-sport event)
- Ask Your Geek
- Adolescent and Youth Health
- American Youth Hostels
- Amherst Youth Hockey (Amherst, NY)
- American Youth Hostels Association
- Armstrong Youth Hockey Association (Maple Grove, MN)
- Ashland Youth Hockey Association (Wisconsin)
- American Youth Horse Council
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Ancient Yew Group has been counting the nation's yews (an ancient yew, by the way, may be 1,000 years old or more, as opposed to a mere "veteran yew" with just 500 years to its name).