Events are: Rosecroft Ramble: Monday, September 13 -A 4 mile ramble through some of Loftus lesser known ancient semi-natural woodlands through Rosecroft Woods to Holywell Farm, returning to Loftus along Loy Lane.
What does ASNW stand for?
ASNW stands for Ancient Semi-Natural Woodland (UK)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of ASNW
We have 2 other meanings of ASNW in our Acronym Attic
- Area Search No Trace (law enforcement)
- Astrological Association of North Texas (Dallas - Fort Worth Metroplex)
- Ancient Studies New Technology Conference (Department of Classics and the Libraries; Rutgers University)
- American Society for Neural Therapy and Repair
- American Society for Neural Transplantation and Repair
- Additional Support Needs Tribunals for Scotland (UK)
- Acta Seminarii Neotestamentici Upsaliensis (Latin; theological publication)
- Association Sénégalaise pour les Nations Unies (French)
- Automated Stock Number User Directory
- Audubon Society of Northern Virginia
- Auto Service Nieuw Walden (Dutch: New Walden Car Service; Nederhorst den Berg, Netherlands)
- Associazione Sportiva Nazionale War Games
- Acupuncture Society of New York (Briarcliff, NY)
- Astronomical Society of New York (est. 1968)
- Audubon Society of New York (Selkirk, NY)
- Academic Sector Operations
- Academic Services Office
- Académie des Sciences Occultes (French: Academy of Occult Sciences)
- Account Security Officer (various companies)
- Acoustic Sensor Operator (ASW Helicopters)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The woods are one of West Yorkshire's largest remaining ancient semi-natural woodlands.
The walk takes visitors through ancient semi-natural woodland which is managed by the National Park Authority and is a haven for wildlife.
Today we are working at Saltburn Gill, a Site of Special Scientific Interest (SSSI) and an ancient semi-natural woodland (meaning there has been woodland on this site for at least 400 years).
A management plan has been drawn up to protect and conserve wildlife on the estate, which includes stretches of the River Blyth and ancient semi-natural woodland.
Saltburn Gill, an ancient semi-natural Woodland, set in a deep coastal valley is one such area where a group of volunteers are now regularly supporting the work of the TVWT.
The cattle are grazing pastures amid ancient semi-natural woodland at Glenamara Park, near Glenridding in Patterdale, as part of a habitat management plan agreed between Defra and the grazier; a tenant of the National Trust.