Until 1975 scholars believed ancient Macedonians to be a separate people, as Greeks saw them as "primitive half Greeks" that needed to be Hellenized.
What does XMK stand for?
XMK stands for Ancient Macedonian (language code)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of XMK
We have 1 other meaning of XMK in our Acronym Attic
- XML (Extensible Markup Language) Message Interface
- XML Metadata Interchange
- Cross-Wire (Two Wire Serial Management) Media Independent Interface
- xApps Manufacturing Integration and Intelligence (SAP)
- Transmit (ter)
- Transmitter Active
- Transmitter (aviation)
- Expanded Medical Kit
- Extreme Minimal Kernel
- Extensible Markup Language
- X-Men Legends (video games)
- Xeno Medical Ltd. (UK)
- Xperimental Markup Language (Chemical Markup Language)
- eXtensible Markup Language - Document Object Model
- Extensible Markup Language Technical Committee
- Canonical eXtensible Markup Language
- Extensible Markup Language - Digital Signature (IETF)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Georgievski spoke sarcastically about the policies of the current Macedonian government of Prime Minister Nikola Gruevski and the VMRO-DPMNE party, which seek to affirm the connection of today's Slavic Macedonians to the Ancient Macedonian state of Alexander the Great and his father Phillip.
In the meantime, the ancient Macedonians will freely spend the budget funds.
Greek archaeologists on Thursday announced the discovery of 37 ancient tombs dating back to the iron age in a cemetery near the ancient Macedonian capital of Pellas.
After our politics had run into the trap of the ancient times and ancient Macedonians, I have had the impression that we have lost the right to self-determination.
The Belgrade newspaper Nin publishes the results of the recent genetic research of the Institute for Genetics iGENEA of Switzerland, according to which, 30 percent of the genes of the Macedonians living in the Republic of Macedonia today are the same as those of the ancient Macedonians.
When he confronts her for an explanation, she responds in an ancient Macedonian dialect last spoken in Lazar’s childhood village.
Mapa: I was originally named Alejandro after Alexander the Great, an ancient Macedonian homosexual with a penchant for world domination.