submitted an application and a related waiver appeal "to flashcut from analog channel 17 to digital channel 17" for low power TV (LPTV) station WLIG-LP in Plainview, NY.
What does ANCH stand for?
ANCH stands for Analog Channel
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of ANCH
We have 2 other meanings of ANCH in our Acronym Attic
- Additive-Noise Channel with Feedback
- Adjusted Net Cash Flow
- Advanced National Certificate in Floristry (UK)
- Animal & Nature Conservation Fund (Italy)
- Association Nationale CIVAM (Centres d'Initiatives pour Valoriser l'Agriculture et Milieu Rural) Fermier (French: National CIVAM Farmer Association; est. 1999)
- Association of North Country Fiddlers (New York)
- Armenian National Committee of Greece (political group)
- Army Military District of Washington
- Advanced National Certificate in Horticulture (UK)
- American Nineteenth Century History (journal; Taylor and Francis)
- Attorneys National Clearing House (Gainesville, FL)
- Annual National Convention of Hellenic Australians (Australia)
- Australian Nurses' Cardiovascular and Hypertension Association (est. 1996)
- Association of North Carolina Health and Science Libraries (est. 1982)
- Ayrshire North Community Housing Organisation (Irvine, Scotland, UK)
- Alliance for Neighborhood Commerce Home Ownership and Revitalization
- Aquarists of the Nature Coast Helping Other Reefers (Florida)
- I Am Orbiting A Fixed Position
- Association for Northern California Historical Research (Chico, CA)
- America’s Narcotics Control Initiative
Samples in periodicals archive:
9, 2009 (CENS)--Alongside the policy of recalling analog channels for broadcast TV, the Executive Yuan (the Cabinet) is evaluating the feasibility of subsidizing the installation of set-top box (STB) by local people, in order to achieve the digitalization of TV operation.
Analog channels won't budge, but digital channel lineups will be grouped by content, creating clusters of children's shows or cooking programs, Leavenworth said.
WASHINGTON - The nation's broadcasting lobby bristled Tuesday at a recommendation by the head of the Federal Communications Commission that TV stations be charged for their existing analog channels beginning in 2006.
A digital channel can carry as many as three times the number of conversations as an analog channel.
the VSA80000A 2- to 13-GHz-bandwidth models offer 40 GSa/s data rate, 64 Mpts memory length (50 microseconds), four analog channels and the lowest noise floor of any high-frequency oscilloscope available.
That timetable calls for all of the nation's 1,600 TV stations to stop using analog channels and start airing digital signals by 2006.
0 enables operators to roll out their all-digital system by converting super local analog channels required for public, education and government (PEG) use or in multiple dwelling unit (MDU) buildings and closed communities.