Anal Intraepithelial Neoplasia and Anal Cancer: An Increasing Concern in Women HPV is not only associated with cervical neoplasias and cervical cancer, it is now also an established pathologic factor in other cancers including cancer of the anus, penis, vulva, vagina, and oropharynx.
What does AIN stand for?
AIN stands for Anal Intraepithelial Neoplasia
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of AIN
We have 96 other meanings of AIN in our Acronym Attic
- Advanced Intelligent Network
- Advocacy Initiative Network (Maine)
- Aerospace Innovation Network
- Agent Identification Number
- Agricultural Information Network
- Alabama Information Network
- American Independent Network (Television)
- American Indian Native
- American Institute of Nutrition
- Ammunition Information Notice
- Analog Input Network
- Andean Information Network (Bolivia)
- Animal Identification Number (US Department of Agriculture)
- Anterior Interosseous Nerve (median nerve branch)
- Apikan Indigenous Network
- Approved Item Name
- Army Information Network
- Army Installation
- Army Interoperability Network
- Artists Independent Network
Samples in periodicals archive:
A double-blind, randomized controlled trial of the use of imiquimod cream for the treatment of anal canal high-grade anal intraepithelial neoplasia in HIV-positive MSM on HAART, with long-term follow-up data including the use of open-label imiquimod.
Patients with VIN, VAIN and AIN lesions or cancer Vulvar, vaginal and anal intraepithelial neoplasia (VIN, VAIN and AIN) appear to be prevalent among HIV-infected women.
5 percent effective in the per-protocol efficacy population in reducing the rates of anal intraepithelial neoplasia (AIN) associated with human papillomavirus (HPV) types 6, 11, 16 and 18.
Human papillomavirus (HPV) can cause anal as well as genital warts, and some strains, especially HPV 16 and 18, can cause anal cancer and its precursor, high-grade anal intraepithelial neoplasia.
Anal intraepithelial neoplasia (AIN) is abnormal growth in anal tissue cekks that may develop into anal cancer in a small percentage of people.
Data are limited on the natural history of anal intraepithelial neoplasia, however, and the CDC declined to recommend screening until more information becomes available.
GARDASIL is not intended to be used for treatment of active external genital lesions; cervical, vulvar, vaginal and anal cancers; cervical intraepithelial neoplasia, vulvar intraepithelial neoplasia, vaginal intraepithelial neoplasia, or anal intraepithelial neoplasia.