About the Smithsonian's Anacostia Community Museum Established in 1967 as the nation's first federally funded neighborhood museum, the Anacostia Community Museum focuses on examining the impact of social issues on contemporary urban communities.
What does ACM stand for?
ACM stands for Anacostia Community Museum (Washington, DC)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of ACM
We have 573 other meanings of ACM in our Acronym Attic
- Aluminum Composite Material
- Aménagement et Construction de Montpellier (French: Montpellier Planning and Construction)
- Aménagement, Commercialisation et Maintenance d'Aires de Jeux (French: Planning, Marketing and Maintenance of Playgrounds)
- American Campaign Medal
- American Cedar and Millwork (Maryland)
- American Ceylon Mission
- American Conservatory of Music (est. 1886)
- American Craft Museum (now Museum of Arts & Design)
- American Custom Motorsports
- Amon Carter Museum (Westover Hills, TX)
- Analog Control Module
- Animal Care Manual
- Annual Compliance Meeting
- Annual Council Meeting (various locations)
- Anti-Coalition Militia
- Antiarmor Cluster Munition
- Antonio Carlos Magalhães (Brazil´s senate president, circa 1999)
- Antyodaya Chetana Mandal
- Appleton Transit Center (Amtrak station code; Appleton, WI)
- Application Compatibility Manager (Microsoft)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Anacostia Community Museum (Founded on September 15, 1967) arranges various programmes for community development as its mission is: "to challenge perceptions, broaden perspectives, generate new knowledge, and deepen understanding about the ever-changing concepts and realities of 'community' while maintaining its strong ties to Anacostia and the D.
IN AUGUST 2010 the Anacostia Community Museum of the Smithsonian Institution in Washington, DC, opened an exhibit titled "Word, Shout, Song: Lorenzo Dow Turner Connecting Communities through Language," which I curated.
Use Constitution Avenue entrance) WHO: Camille Giraud Akeju, director, Anacostia Community Museum Claudine Brown, Assistant Secretary for Education and Access, Smithsonian Harry E.
The Anacostia Community Museum was opened in southeast Washington in 1967 as the nation's first federally funded neighborhood museum.
11 /PRNewswire/ -- The Smithsonian's Anacostia Community Museum presents the groundbreaking exhibition "Word, Shout, Song: Lorenzo Dow Turner Connecting Communities through Language" on view from Aug.
WHERE: Smithsonian's Anacostia Community Museum 1901 Fort Place S.
12 /PRNewswire/ -- "Jubilee: African American Celebration," is on view at the Smithsonian's Anacostia Community Museum through Sept.