Formed in 1990 from the merger of two Dutch rivals - Algemene Bank Nederland and Amsterdam-Rotterdam Bank - ABN AMRO has since leveraged strategic acquisitions and internal growth to become the world's 14th largest banking group, with assets of $346 billion.
What does AMRO stand for?
AMRO stands for Amsterdam-Rotterdam Bank (now ABN AMRO)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of AMRO
We have 4 other meanings of AMRO in our Acronym Attic
- Army Medical Research Lab
- Air Medical Resource Management
- Australian Model Railway Magazine
- Army Medical Research and Materiel Command
- African Midwives Research Network
- Anime Manga Roleplaying Network (gaming website)
- Alaskan Malamute Rescue of North Carolina
- Army Medical Research and Nutrition Lab
- Alaskan Malamute Rescue of Ohio
- American Robin (species)
- Association Maladie de Rendu-Osler
- Association of Market Research Organisations
- Association of Motorsports Recovery Operators
- Regional Office for the Americas (WHO, Washington DC)
- Adaptive Mesh Refinement in Object-Oriented C++
- Associated Model Railroads of Columbia (Columbia, SC)
- Automatic Meter Reading & Outage Notification
- Alaskan Malamute Rescue Of New England
- Ad-Hoc Multicast Routing Protocol
- Affluent Market Research Program
Samples in periodicals archive:
and Canadian operations of Amsterdam-Rotterdam Bank, N.
Ruding served at the Ministry of Finance, The Hague from 1965-1970, the Amsterdam-Rotterdam Bank (AMRO Bank) from 1972-1976, Executive Director of the International Monetary Fund (IMF), Washington, D.