Amplified fragment length polymorphism and mitochondrial DNA analyses reveal patterns of divergence and hybridization in the hispid cotton rat (Sigmodon hispidus).
What does AFLP stand for?
AFLP stands for Amplified Fragment Length Polymorphism
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of AFLP
We have 16 other meanings of AFLP in our Acronym Attic
- Air Force Legal Operations Agency (formerly Air Force Legal Services Agency, AFLSA)
- Afloat Training Group Middle Pacific
- Air Force Logistics Management Engineering Team
- Air Force Law Office Management System
- Associação de Produtores Florestais da Península de Setúbal (Portugal)
- Acute Fatty Liver of Pregnancy
- Adolescent Family Life Program (California Department of Public Health)
- Air Force Lead Program (USAF)
- Alberta Farm Loan Program (Alberta Department of Agriculture and Rural Development; Canada)
- Allen Family Limited Partnership (dairy industry)
- Arena Football League Players Association
- Australian Football League Players Association
- Air Force Law Review
- Alabama and Florida Railroad (est. 1901)
- Association of Finnish Local and Regional Authorities
- American Fuzzy Lop Rabbit Club
- Armed Forces Libraries Round Table
- Academy of Foreign Language Study (China)
- Accenture Freight and Logistics Software (various locations)
- Adaptive Front Light System (automotive)
Samples in periodicals archive:
ABSTRACT The DNA amplified fragment length polymorphism (AFLP) fingerprinting approach was used to identify a shell color-linked marker in the noble scallop Chlamys nobilis Reeve.
In vitro antifungal susceptibilities and amplified fragment length polymorphism genotyping of a worldwide collection of 350 clinical, veterinary, and environmental Cryptococcus gattii isolates.
Amplified Fragment Length Polymorphism (AFLP) markers have been developed by Vos et al.
1999, "Using amplified fragment length polymorphism and simple sequence length polymorphism to identify cultivars of brown and white milled ride", Crop Sci.
To explore the possibility of genomic variability among house finch isolates of MG and to evaluate the utility of a second technique for MG genotyping, we selected samples from our archive of reference strains and wild songbird isolates to analyze using both RAPD and amplified fragment length polymorphism (AFLP); this is a newer technique that has been successfully used to explore the genomic variability of several Mycoplasma species.
To determine hybridization, we identified trees using morphological characteristics and then examined Amplified Fragment Length Polymorphisms (AFLPs).
Currently, the CEQ 8000 performs DNA sequencing, heterozygote detection, confirmatory sequencing, mutation analysis, SNP scoring, microsatellite instability, and amplified fragment length polymorphism fingerprinting.