When the sea comes in, you and your finery are ferried across by an amphibious tractor.
What does AMPHTRAC stand for?
AMPHTRAC stands for Amphibious Tractor (WWII Marine Corps)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Agile Methodology Project Group (software development)
- Auckland Microheli Pilots Group (New Zealand)
- Australian Major Projects Group (Sydney, New South Wales, Australia)
- Ample Gains Product (WCCS)
- Association Médicale pour la Prévention de la Guerre Nucléaire (French: Medical Association for the Prevention of Nuclear War; Belgium)
- American Municipal Power Generating Station (Ohio)
- Acute Massive Pulmonary Hemorrhage (microbiology)
- Association of Medical Professionals with Hearing Losses
- Adaptive Message Passing Interface
- Advance Magazine Publishers, Inc.
- Advanced Manufacturing Propulsion Initiative (US Air Force)
- Annual Military Personnel Inspection
- Asociación Mexicana de Profesionales Inmobiliarios (Mexican Association of Real Estate Professionals)
- Associated Milk Producers Inc.
- Automated Mission Planning Infrastructure
- Alberta Motion Pictures Industry Association (Canada)
- Annual Meeting and Professional Improvement Conference
- Animal Models for Protection of Ischemic Myocardium
Samples in periodicals archive:
In that sense, the only active units in the surf zone were landing crafts, which included amphibious tractors, able to surmount a coral reef but having a limited capacity to deal with artificial obstacles.
In 1963, David Tapp, 31, drove into the sea at Kingsdown, Kent, in an amphibious tractor complete with four huge balloon tyres.