The typical features of amoebic colitis on CT are flask shaped ulcers with intramural dissection, whereas amoebic liver abscess typically causes well rounded, low density lesions with a clear fluid level.
What does ALA stand for?
ALA stands for Amoebic Liver Abscess
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of ALA
We have 341 other meanings of ALA in our Acronym Attic
- American Leadership Academy
- American League of Anglers
- American Legion Auxiliary (est. 1919; various locations)
- American Library Association
- American Lighting Association
- American Logistics Association
- American Lung Association
- Amérique Latine et Asie (French: Latin America and Asia; European Investment Bank)
- Aminolevulinic Acid
- Ammunition Loading Assembly
Samples in periodicals archive:
an increase in amoebic liver abscess has been noted in HIV-positive individuals.
Amoebic liver abscess and disturbances of portal circulation.