In addition to its comprehensive line of rapid foodborne pathogen, sanitation monitoring and histamine tests that it offers the seafood industry, Neogen recently released rapid tests to detect toxins in shellfish that cause amnesic shellfish poisoning (ASP) and diarrhetic shellfish poisoning (DSP).
What does ASP stand for?
ASP stands for Amnesic Shellfish Poisoning
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of ASP
We have 781 other meanings of ASP in our Acronym Attic
- American Society of Papyrologists
- American Society of Parasitologists
- American Society of Perfumers
- American Society of Pharmacognosy
- American Society of Photogrammetry Foundation (Bethesda, MD)
- American Society of Photographers
- American Soy Products (Saline, MI)
- American State Papers (historical executive and legislative documents)
- Ames Straw Poll (politics; Iowa)
- Ammunition Supply Point
- Amsterdam SGML Parser (content presentation tool)
- Analog Signal Processing
- Analysis Specification Package
- Annual Education Plan
- Annual Service Plan (various organizations)
- Annual Service Practice
- Annual Support Plan (various companies)
- Answer Set Programming
- Anterior Stromal Puncture (ophthalmologic procedure)
- Anti Skip Protection
Samples in periodicals archive:
Humans who eat shellfish or crab that have ingested Pseudo-nitzschia could get amnesic shellfish poisoning (ASP), severe cases of which can cause neurological symptoms, including permanent, short-term memory loss, which gives the intoxication its name.
There are three additional possible syndromes to worry about as well from different varieties of red tide - neurotoxic, diarrheic and amnesic shellfish poisoning.
Organiser Doug McLeod spoke of a difficult three years for those involved in scallop rearing, with activities severely curtailed by increased outbreaks of Amnesic shellfish poisoning.
Amnesic Shellfish Poisoning can lead to severe sickness and headaches, followed by memory loss, permanent brain damage and even death.
9, 1998--The Washington Department of Health and the Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife jointly announced today that the proposed razor clam season has been postponed due to elevated levels of a marine toxin called domoic acid, which causes Amnesic Shellfish Poisoning in people and Domoic Acid Poisoning in animals.
doi/org/ [Online 20 January 2005] ********** The marine biotoxin domoic acid (DA), produced by the cosmopolitan diatom genus Pseudo-nitzschia, is responsible for causing amnesic shellfish poisoning (ASP).
Here we summarize the origins of the safety levels for paralytic shellfish poisoning (PSP) and amnesic shellfish poisoning (ASP) toxins.