When my husband was assigned to Lofton Air Force Base in Del Rio, Texas, we left Oxford, and I eventually started working for the Park Service in Del Rio, at Amistad National Recreation Area.
What does AMIS stand for?
AMIS stands for Amistad National Recreation Area (US National Park Service)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of AMIS
We have 87 other meanings of AMIS in our Acronym Attic
- Acquisition Management Information System
- Advanced Management Information System
- Advanced Meteorological Information System
- African Union Mission in Sudan
- Agricultural Market Information System (Bulgaria)
- Agriculture Market Information Service (Pakistan government)
- Air Movement Identification Service
- Air Movements Information Section
- Airborne Measurement Instrument
- American Musical Instrument Society (est. 1971)
- Application Modular Integrated Sensor
- Army Management Information System
- Army Management Integration Subgroup
- Asociación Mexicana de Instituciones de Seguros (Mexican Insurers’ Association)
- Asset Management Improvement Service (MCP Consulting and Training; UK)
- Asset Management Information System
- Assignment Management Information System
- Association for Music in International Schools
- Atari Message and Information System
- Audio Matrix Intercom System
Samples in periodicals archive:
Whether their destination is Del Rio itself, the Mexican border town of Ciudad Acuna or the popular Amistad National Recreation Area, customers will find this service offers new choices for air travel and more convenience than ever before.
As a protective measure against looting, remote sensing is used to monitor several park units, including Amistad National Recreation Area in Texas and Wupatki and Canyon de Chelly national monuments in Arizona.