Terry Branstad has ruffled the feathers of state GOP leaders by proposing what many of them regard as unthinkable: Eliminating the 33-year-old Ames Straw Poll.
What does ASP stand for?
ASP stands for Ames Straw Poll (politics; Iowa)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of ASP
We have 781 other meanings of ASP in our Acronym Attic
- American Society for Photobiology
- American Society for Plasticulture
- American Society of Papyrologists
- American Society of Parasitologists
- American Society of Perfumers
- American Society of Pharmacognosy
- American Society of Photogrammetry Foundation (Bethesda, MD)
- American Society of Photographers
- American Soy Products (Saline, MI)
- American State Papers (historical executive and legislative documents)
- Ammunition Supply Point
- Amnesic Shellfish Poisoning
- Amsterdam SGML Parser (content presentation tool)
- Analog Signal Processing
- Analysis Specification Package
- Annual Education Plan
- Annual Service Plan (various organizations)
- Annual Service Practice
- Annual Support Plan (various companies)
- Answer Set Programming
Samples in periodicals archive:
According to the poll, Bachmann, who won the Ames Straw Poll in August, showed the steepest drop in votes, Politico reports.
Politico reported of Perry, "He's not just larger than life--he's bigger than the Ames Straw Poll.
Additionally, there was substantial news coverage of the Republican presidential candidate debate and the Ames Straw Poll in Iowa at the end of last week, including harsh criticism of Obama from all of the Republican contenders.
Michele Bachmann was declared the winner of the Ames Straw Poll, singer Cher suggested her husband Marcus Bachmann is gay.
We cannot and must not endure four more years of rising unemployment, rising taxes, rising debt, rising energy dependence on nations that intend us harm," Perry said, as he announced his candidacy in South Carolina's Ames Straw Poll in 2012," Bachmann told supporters.
He also finished a strong second in Iowa's Ames Straw Poll, a summer gathering that traditionally whittles down the Republican field as activists indicate support for their favoured candidates.
He garnered an award for his pro-life advocacy, signed an influential list of conservative activists to his campaign and, with the help of a significant cash outlay, captured the Ames straw polls, where social conservatives vote in large numbers.