One way to alleviate the heat is to use larger diameter wires -- for example, use 12 gage instead of 14 gage, or 10 gage instead of 12 gage (larger wires have smaller American Wire Gage numbers).
What does AWG stand for?
AWG stands for American Wire Gage
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of AWG
We have 138 other meanings of AWG in our Acronym Attic
- Additive Waveguide Grating
- Additive White Gaussian
- Administrative Wage Garnishment
- Advanced Waveform Generator
- Advanced Wireless Group, LLC
- Advisory Working Group (various locations)
- African Wildlife Guide (South Africa)
- Airborne Weapon Control System
- Airborne Weapons Group
- Alarm Working Group