Honoring Achievement in Military Scholarship WASHINGTON, June 5, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The American Veterans Center is proud to announce the awarding of the 2012 Andrew J.
What does AMVETS stand for?
AMVETS stands for American Veterans
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Anston Male Voice Choir (Sheffield, England, UK)
- Archief en Musem voor het Vlaamse Cultuurleven (Dutch)
- Atrophia Maculosa Varioliformis Cutis, Familial
- Arizona Military Vehicle Collectors Club
- Alternative Motor Vehicle Credit (IRS deduction)
- Adaptive Minimum Variance Equalization
- Assyrische Mesopotamische Vereniging Enschede (Dutch: Assyrian Mesopotamian Association Enschede; Enschede, Netherlands)
- Atlantic Merchant Vessel Emergency Reporting System
- Automated Mutual-Assistance Vessel Rescue system (originally known as Atlantic Merchant Vessel Emergency Reporting System)
- American Veteran
- Amplitude Modulation Voice Frequency Telegraph
- A Mobile Ventures Group (Istanbul, Turkey; wireless media)
- Aeronautica Militare Virtuale Italiana (Italian)
- American Medical Virtual Integration LLC (vision care advertising; Medina, OH)
- Army Motor Vehicle Instructor
- Asosiasi Modal Ventura Indonesia (Indonesian: Indonesian Venture Capital Association; finance)
- Alberta Motor Vehicle Industry Council
- Army Multimedia & Visual Information Directorate (US Army)
- Access to Motor Vehicle Information Regulation (Canada)
- Association of Motor Vehicle Importers and Representatives (Athens, Greece)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Ninety years ago plans were perfected for the formation of the Women's Auxiliary, Disabled American Veterans of the World War, now known officially as the Disabled American Veterans Auxiliary.
23rd& 24th VA Benefit Counseling Provided Free of Charge by Disabled American Veterans Military veterans in the Tri-County area can receive free counseling and assistance with their government benefits when Harley-Davidson and Disabled American Veterans (DAV) bring the Harley's Heroes[R] program to the Motor City Harley-Davidson on Saturday, October 23rd, 2010 from 10 AM to 5 PM & Sunday, October 24th, 2010 from 10 AM to 3PM.
Members of American Veterans Standing for God and Country negotiated with Moore to remove the monument, dubbed "Roy's rock" by many in Alabama, from a locked storage room in the Judicial Building in Montgomery and take it on a multi-state tour.
As this article eventually illustrates through case-studies of both spinal cord-injured Canadian veterans and blinded American veterans of World War II, veterans organizations have also existed to counter the role of the state in the lives of disabled men.
One of the American veterans visiting the gravesites of his fallen comrades pointed at the white crosses and white Stars of David and remarked, "The world must never forget why they have died here.
Add to those memorable TV images the revelations of Ron Kovic and the film Article 99, and you've got the average American's mental picture of the average American veterans hospital: half infirmary, half inferno.
August 4 Fundraiser to Provide Financial Assistance for Disabled American Veterans LOS ANGELES -- The MobilityWorks Foundation today announced its inaugural fundraiser, A Salute to the Disabled American Veterans (DAV) to provide financial assistance to the courageous heroes who protect our nation.