Marco Rubio [R-FL]--who in 2011 acted to obtain a US block on loans from the World Bank and the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB)--and created the lobby group American Task Force Argentina (ATFA), putting financial consultant Robert Shapiro and former US ambassador to the UN Nancy Soderberg in charge.
What does ATFA stand for?
ATFA stands for American Task Force Argentina (creditor groups; est. 2006)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of ATFA
We have 13 other meanings of ATFA in our Acronym Attic
- Activating Transcription Factor 2
- Activating Transcription Factor 3
- Airesearch Turbofan 3 Spool Aircraft Engine
- AiResearch Turbofan No. 3 (turbofan aircraft engine)
- Activating Transcription Factor 4
- Activating Transcription Factor 5
- Activating Transcription Factor 6
- Activating Transcription Factor 7 (gene)
- Accredited Trust Financial Advisor
- Alabama Treasure Forest Association (Chunchula, AL)
- Archaeal Transcription Factor A
- Army Training Functional Architecture (US DoD)
- Australian Timber Flooring Association (Sheelly Beach, Queensland, Australia)
- Asian Task Force Against Domestic Violence (Boston, MA)
- American Task Force for Bosnia
- Archaeal Transcription Factor B
- Association des Transplantés du Foie de Beaujon (French: Beaujon Liver Transplant Association; Hospital Beaujon; France)
- Atrial Fibrillation, Familial, 1
- Avenger Task Force Battle Boards (game)
- Aberystwyth Town Football Club (UK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
About the American Task Force Argentina The American Task Force Argentina (ATFA) is an alliance of organizations united for a just and fair reconciliation of the Argentine government's 2001 debt default and subsequent restructuring.
WASHINGTON, September 11 /PRNewswire/ -- - 'Argentina Must Honor Its International Obligations' Today, the American Task Force Argentina (ATFA) warned the international investment community of Argentine investment risks in a new YouTube video message from ATFA Co-chair Dr.
citizens and taxpayers, American Task Force Argentina (ATFA) today applauded Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL) for filing an amendment to oppose new multilateral development bank loans.
Organization of 2,000 State Legislators Joins Effort to Press Argentina on Obligations to US Stakeholders WASHINGTON -- American Task Force Argentina (ATFA), a broad coalition of 39 taxpayer, investor, educator, Latino and agriculture organizations, announced today that the American Legislative Exchange Council (ALEC) has joined its ranks as a new member.
21, 2011 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- As Argentine President Cristina Fernandez de Kirchner's visits New York for the 66th United Nations General Assembly, American Task Force Argentina (ATFA) calls on the Argentine government to honor its debt obligations to U.
ATFA says to Argentina: Stop Pretending WASHINGTON -- American Task Force Argentina (ATFA), joining a growing chorus of officials and stakeholders, expressed concern over the special treatment that Argentina has demanded, and in some instances continues to receive, with regard to over $6 billion in outstanding sovereign debts owed to France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Spain, and the United States.
debt limit stalemate delivered at the Buenos Aires Stock Exchange, American Task Force Argentina (ATFA) co-chair Dr.