The crowds who poured in said it was quieter than previous years, while pit bull dogs were a notable absence after being banned due to last year's unfortunate incident where a beloved toy poodle was mauled by an American Staffordshire terrier.
What does AMSTAFF stand for?
AMSTAFF stands for American Staffordshire Terrier
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Academy of Medical Sciences and Technology (Khartoum, Sudan)
- Advanced Medium STOL (Short Take-Off and Landing) Transport (US DoD)
- Advanced Multi-Service Terminal (Hitachi, SONET)
- Agile Munitions Support Tool
- American Stalebread (band)
- Amst Systemtechnik GmbH (Austria)
- Art Museum of South Texas (Corpus Christi, Texas)
- Asset Management Support Tool
- Association of Maximum Service Telecasters
- Combat Store Ship
- Advanced Multispectral Simulation, Test, Acceptance Resource
- American Shroud of Turin Association for Research, Inc.
- African Medical Students Training Congress
- Alabama Microelectronics Science and Technology Center (Auburn University)
- Army Medical Services Training Centre (UK)
- Affordable Moving Surface Target Engagement (military)
- Alabama Mathematics Science and Technology Education Coalition
- Alabama Math, Science and Technology Initiative
- Advanced Message Storage & Retrieval
- Advanced Manufacturing Specialist Training Program (Missouri Enterprise)
Samples in periodicals archive:
In an effort to prevent a similar tragedy from occurring, the municipality banned pit bull terriers, Brazilian and Argentinian fighting dogs, American Staffordshire terriers, Japanese tosas, wolf dogs, Rottweilers, Dobermans, Shar Peis and any cross breed of the dogs listed.
If a dog matches many of the characteristics of a pitbull terrier, it may be a banned type (and pit bull types are commonly known as American Staffordshire Terriers, Irish Staffordshire Terriers, Irish Blue and Red Nose breeds, while some kinds of American Bulldogs have been found to be pitbull types).
The AKC now includes the American Staffordshire terrier in its registry, a distinct cousin of the American pit bull terrier.
The striker, 20, has been forced to leave his beloved one-year-old American Staffordshire terrier with his parents back in London after joining Albion on loan last month.
While many of the obedience stars are purebreds, a few at Sunday's trials had been rescued from shelters, including an American Staffordshire terrier rescued after Hurricane Katrina, and Casey, a Labrador collected from Reno, Nev.
Ohio prohibits pit bulls (and at the local level, many municipalities also ban the breed), Rottweilers, English Bull terriers and American Staffordshire Terriers, to name a few.
Bylaws specifically exclude Staffordshire Bull Terriers or American Staffordshire Terriers registered with the Canadian Kennel Club.