Farnsworth was a founding member of the American Society of Pharmacognosy (ASP), which occurred one month after he received his PhD, and he became the first vice-president and subsequently the second president of the Society.
What does ASP stand for?
ASP stands for American Society of Pharmacognosy
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of ASP
We have 781 other meanings of ASP in our Acronym Attic
- American School of Paris
- American Scientific Products
- American Security Project (Washington, DC)
- American Self-Protection (martial arts)
- American Selling Price
- American Society for Photobiology
- American Society for Plasticulture
- American Society of Papyrologists
- American Society of Parasitologists
- American Society of Perfumers
- American Society of Photogrammetry Foundation (Bethesda, MD)
- American Society of Photographers
- American Soy Products (Saline, MI)
- American State Papers (historical executive and legislative documents)
- Ames Straw Poll (politics; Iowa)
- Ammunition Supply Point
- Amnesic Shellfish Poisoning
- Amsterdam SGML Parser (content presentation tool)
- Analog Signal Processing
- Analysis Specification Package
Samples in periodicals archive:
He is also past-president of the American Society of Pharmacognosy, a professional society of researchers of natural materials used for the development of medicines.
The American Society of Pharmacognosy defines pharmacognosy as "the study of the physical, chemical, biochemical and biological properties of drugs, drug substances or potential drugs or drug substances of natural origin as well as the search for new drugs from natural sources.
sm = 07|meetings_by_year/2009 June 27-July 1, 2009 American Society of Pharmacognosy (ASP): The 50th Anniversary Meeting Honolulu, Hawaii, USA For more information: http://www.
5-9: Natural Products on Target: Developing Botanicals as "New" Drugs, Arlington, VA: American Society of Pharmacognosy, E-mail: Tawnya McKee at: mckee@ncifcrf.
Jan Glinski is an active R&D consultant to the commercial biopharmaceutical industry, and a respected scientific collaborator to numerous regulatory and research agencies, including: The United States Pharmacopeia, a global leader in promoting medication safety and setting pharmacological standards; and a reviewer to the Journal of Natural Products, a top-ranked scientific journal in the field of medicinal chemistry, published jointly by the American Chemical Society and the American Society of Pharmacognosy.
2006 The 47th Annual Meeting of the American Society of Pharmacognosy, Natural Products on Target Arlington, Virginia, USA Synthetic and Biosynthetic Paths to Natural Products; Clinical Evaluation of Herbs and Supplements: Trials, Toxicology and Drug Interactions; Chemical Biology of Natural Products I: Molecular Targets; Chemical Biology of Natural Products II: Molecular Methods.
23-27: The American Society of Pharmacognosy Meeting: Frontiers in Bioorganic and Natural Products Chemistry, Corvalis, OR: American Society of Pharmacognosy, Website: www.