95 Hardcover TL568 Commissioned in honor of the organization's 75th anniversary, this accessible text recounts the history of the American Institute of Aeronautics as well as its predecessors, the American Rocket Society and the Institute of the Aeronautical Sciences.
What does ARS stand for?
ARS stands for American Rocket Society
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of ARS
We have 537 other meanings of ARS in our Acronym Attic
- Alt.Religion.Scientology (newsgroup)
- ALTAIR Recording System
- Alternate Route Selection
- Alternative Response Systems
- Amateur Radio Service
- Amateur Radio Station
- American Radium Society
- American Residential Services, Inc.
- American Rhinologic Society
- American Rhododendron Society
- American Rose Society
- Amphibious Reconnaissance School (Marine Corps)
- Anaesthetic Research Society
- Angle Resolved Scatter (measures angular distribution of light scattered from surface)
- Angular Rate Sensor
- Animal Rescue Site
- Annual Report to Shareholders
- Antenna Receiving System
- Anti-Rabies Serum (equine origin)
- Anti-Reflux Surgery
Samples in periodicals archive:
In 1960, the American Rocket Society (ARS), a predecessor society of AIAA, placed a monument to Goddard's work on the site, "in recognition of this significant achievement in the evolution of astronautics.
They include the American Rocket Society (ARS) Robert Goddard Memorial Award in 1959 (he was named to the ARS board of directors in 1955); the ARS Propulsion Award in 1962; the American Society of Mechanical Engineers' Spirit of St.