Porgy and Bess was also re-imagined on Broadway in January this year in an updated version by Diane Paulus and the playwright Suzan-Lori Pa rk s, humanising the opera for the American Repertory Theatre.
What does ART stand for?
ART stands for American Repertory Theatre (Cambridge, MA)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of ART
We have 466 other meanings of ART in our Acronym Attic
- Alliance for Responsible Trade
- Alliance of Resident Theatres (New York)
- Alpine Rescue Team (mountain rescue organization in Evergreen, Colorado)
- Alternate Resonance Toning
- Alternative Risk Transfer
- Alvarez Racing Team
- Alzheimer's Research Trust (UK)
- Ambiguity Reference Tone
- American Radio Theater (old-time radio)
- American Refrigerator Transit Co.
- American Review of Tuberculosis (now American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine)
- American Rubber Technologies
- Anaheim Resort Transit
- Analysis, Research and Technology (Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration)
- Android Run Time (software)
- Anggaran Rumah Tangga (Indonesian: Household Budget)
- Angle-Resolved Transmission
- Annual Renewable Term (life insurance)
- Anotação de Responsabilidade Técnica (Portuguese: Technical Responsibility Note; Brazil)
- Antiretroviral Therapy (HIV)
Samples in periodicals archive:
He performed in many regional theatres in Massachusetts including, The American Repertory Theatre in Cambridge, Foothills Theatre in Worcester, The Gloucester Stage Company, Merrimack Repertory Theatre and the Wellfleet Harbor Actors Theatre, to name just a few.
Before returning to Austin, the production went to the Long Wharf Theater in New Haven and to American Repertory Theatre in Boston.
In January 1997, Robert Brustein, founding director of the Yale Repertory and American Repertory Theatres, challenged Wilson over his speech at the TCG Conference.
The actress played Claire in the work's world premiere at the American Repertory Theatre in Cambridge, Mass.
In notes written for American Repertory Theatre, dramaturgy student Ryan McKittrick describes Orton's jokes, and his style, as "an impertinent melange of absurd farce and reality.
org AMERICAN REPERTORY THEATRE BALLET 969-G Edgewater Blvd.
in history and journalism and has studied acting at Harvard's American Repertory Theatre.