Throughout April they're also having 30 days of IPA, including Mordue IPA, Allendale's APA, Sonnet 43 American Pale Ale, Tempest Citra, Cullercoats Rocket Brigade IPA, Tyne Bank Double IPA, Greene King IPA, Dark Star American Pale Ale and Ilkley's Lotus IPA.
What does APA stand for?
APA stands for American Pale Ale (beer)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of APA
We have 762 other meanings of APA in our Acronym Attic
- Allied Professional Association
- Allocation Personnalisée d'Autonomie (French: Custom Allocation of Autonomy)
- Allowance for Program Adjustment
- Allowance for Project Adjustment
- Alpha Phi Alpha (fraternity)
- Always Pounding Ass
- Amalgamated Printers Association
- Amateur Press Association (amateur fantasy & science fiction writers group)
- Ambulatory Pediatric Association
- America's Promise Alliance
- American Pancreatic Association, Inc.
- American Paralysis Association
- American Parquet Association, Inc.
- American Particleboard Association
- American Payroll Association
- American Penguins Association (gaming clan)
- American Pharmaceutical Association (Washington, DC)
- American Philatelic Association
- American Philological Association
- American Philosophical Association
Samples in periodicals archive:
Other beers for the brand include Red Rocket Ale, an American amber ale; Hop Rod Rye, a rye IPA; Big Bear Black Stout, an American stout; Peter Brown Tribute Ale, an American brown ale; and XP Pale Ale, an American pale ale.
We had been experimenting with American Pale Ale recipes that we liked, but when the Citra hop variety showed up, it matched the malt profile in a way that made it both really refreshing and full of flavor.
Pairing American pale ale, such as Full Sail or a blond bock such as Gordon Biersch.
Gulf Shrimp Tacos 8c American Pale Ale [ILLUSTRATION OMITTED] With their bright citrus aromatics, pale ales are a terrific partner to seafood.
As British-style pale ale begat the hoppier India pale ale (IPA) back in the late 18th century--a time when elevated alcohol content and hopping rates were necessary to preserve the beer during its ocean voyage from London to India--so did the more bitter, grapefruity American pale ale beget the still hoppier American-style IPA in the 1990s.
Spicier sausages could be accompanied by dark lagers, dark wheat beers or a dark mild Barbecue - Lagers, hoppy bitters Steak - Full-flavoured beers (Adnams Broadside), malty ales Chinese - Slightly bitter beers (Burton Bitter) Curry - Hoppy lagers and beers, American pale ales, wheat beers Pizza - American lagers (Budweiser, Miller Lite, Coors Light) Puddings - Weisse beers or wheat beers suit pies and fruity puddings.
Dark and Light Meat--Bronze Lagers, Irish Red Ale, American Pale Ale Marzen or bronze lagers found during Oktoberfest have whisky, sweet-spice flavors that pair well with most roasted preparations like chicken.