The award--named for a retired Army colonel and staff member of the American Ordnance Association, a predecessor of NDIA--is given annually to the most outstanding instructors in the Reserve Officer Training Corps.
What does AOA stand for?
AOA stands for American Ordnance Association
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of AOA
We have 220 other meanings of AOA in our Acronym Attic
- Aircraft Operations Area (FAA)
- Airlines of Australia
- Airport Operations Area (aviation)
- Airport Operators Association (UK)
- Alabama Optometric Association
- All Out Assault
- Alpha Omega Alpha (Medical Honor Society)
- American Obesity Association
- American Optometric Association
- American Optometry Association
- American Orthopaedic Association
- American Orthopsychiatric Association
- American Osteopathic Association
- American Ostrich Association
- American Outlaws Association (motorcycle club)
- Americolor Opera Alliance (Atlanta, GA)
- Aminooxyacetic Acid (inhibitor)
- Amphibious Objective Area
- Amphibious Operating Area
- Amphibious Operations Area
Samples in periodicals archive:
Blandy was a former vice president and director of one of NDIA's predecessor organizations, the American Ordnance Association (AOA).
For 40 years, from 1923 until his retirement 1963, he was a guiding force in the development of the American Ordnance Association (AOA) devoted to peace through industrial preparedness for defense.