In professional associations he held memberships in the American Institute of Biological Sciences, the American Association for the Advancement of Science, the American Microscopical Society, the American Society of Parasitologists (council member), the Annual Midwest Conference of Parasitologists, the Helminthological Society of Washington (editorial board), the International Association for Great Lakes Research, the Ohio Fish and Wildlife Association, the Wildlifc Disease Association, and the World Federation of Parasitologists.
What does AMS stand for?
AMS stands for American Microscopical Society
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of AMS
We have 885 other meanings of AMS in our Acronym Attic
- Altimira Middle School (Sonoma, CA)
- Ambler Main Street (Ambler, PA)
- American Management Systems
- American Marketing Services (various companies)
- American Mathematical Society
- American Mechanical Services
- American Medical Seminars, Inc.
- American Meteor Society
- American Meteorological Society
- American METRO/STUDY Corporation
Samples in periodicals archive:
Transactions of the American Microscopical Society 65:250-273.
Transactions of the American Microscopical Society 73:331-343.
Among these were the American Microscopical Society (vice-president, 1950; president, 1951); American Association for the Advancement of Science (Fellow); American Society of Limnology and Oceanography (charter member, vice-president, 1949; president, 1957); Ecological Society of America; International Association for Great Lakes Research (founding member; president, 1967); International Association of Theoretical and Applied Limnology; Michigan Academy of Science, Arts, and Letters; and the Great Lakes Foundation (president, 1966-1969).