He has in addition been given the "Seal of Approval" from the American Meteorological Society.
What does AMS stand for?
AMS stands for American Meteorological Society
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of AMS
We have 885 other meanings of AMS in our Acronym Attic
- Alternative Monitoring System (US EPA)
- Alternative Music Society
- Altimira Middle School (Sonoma, CA)
- Ambler Main Street (Ambler, PA)
- American Management Systems
- American Marketing Services (various companies)
- American Mathematical Society
- American Mechanical Services
- American Medical Seminars, Inc.
- American Meteor Society
Samples in periodicals archive:
The atmosphere on Mars is as thin as the earthly air 15 miles above the surface, the American Meteorological Society meeting in Los Angeles was told.
The goal of the American Meteorological Society Certified Broadcast Meteorologist program is to certify that the sealholder meets specific educational and experience criteria and has passed rigorous testing in their knowledge and communication of meteorology and related sciences needed to be an effective broadcast meteorologist," said Maureen McCann, TV meteorologist with CFL-News 13 in Orlando and 2013 Board Chair of the American Meteorological Society.
Earth Gauge is a program of NEEF, in partnership with the American Meteorological Society (AMS), that provides free environmental information to broadcast meteorologists in major US media markets, based on the 3-5 day forecast.
Aware that TV meteorologists can play a key role in raising viewers' awareness of such information, the American Meteorological Society encourages them to think beyond their daily forecasting responsibilities and assume the added role of "station scientist.
1) Partly in response to that report, the American Meteorological Society has established an Ad Hoc Committee on Uncertainty in Forecasts.
Here, the authors are weather specialists: Leatherman is Director of the International Hurricane Research Center at Florida International University, and Williams is Public Outreach Coordinator for the American Meteorological Society.
But this wasn't a meeting of the American Meteorological Society.