24, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Lippincott Williams & Wilkins (LWW), part of Wolters Kluwer Health, is now the exclusive medical content provider for the American Medical Student Association (AMSA), the nation's largest independent medical student organization.
What does AMSA stand for?
AMSA stands for American Medical Student Association
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of AMSA
We have 90 other meanings of AMSA in our Acronym Attic
- Architecture Modeling Solution - Popkin
- Aviation Structural Mechanic Third Class (US Naval Rating)
- Advanced Manned Strategic Aircraft
- Advanced Math and Science Academy (Marlborough, MA charter school)
- Ahmadiyya Muslim Student Association
- Al-Azhar Medical Student Association (Cairo, Egypt)
- Alberta Metallic Silhouette Association
- Allied Military Security Agency
- American Meat Science Association
- American Medallic Sculpture Association
- American Moving and Storage Association
- Amicale de Moto et Scooter Anciens (French: Friendly Motorcycle and Scooter Veterans)
- Antimicrobial Specialists and Associates, Inc.
- Area Maintenance Support Activity (US Army)
- Armored Motor Services of America
- Army Maintenance Support Activity
- Army Materiel Support Activity
- Army Medical Surveillance Activity
- Assateague Mobile Sportfishermen's Association
- Association of Metropolitan Sewerage Agencies
Samples in periodicals archive:
The elimination of the subsidized Stafford loans costs about $32,000 for medical students," says Elizabeth Wiley, a fourth year student at the George Washington University Medical School and vice president for internal affairs with the American Medical Student Association.
The American Medical Student Association had sought substantial across-the-board, work-hour reductions and argues that there's no reason to give first-year residents a break but not others.
The American Medical Student Association (AMSA) endorses the abolition of industry gifts, industry-funded meals and lectures, and industry-sponsored continuing medical education.
Both the Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC) and the American Medical Student Association (AMSA) support the changes.
The American Medical Student Association, a body of thirty thousand members, has been an outspoken critic of disciplinary psychiatry.
At press time, the American Medical Student Association had not reviewed the AAPM's new program, and couldn't comment.
Student members and local chapters of the American Association of Colleges of Nursing, the National Student Nurses Association, American Medical Student Association, Association of Academic Health Centers and the Association of Schools of Public Health were among those taking part in activities from coast to coast on March 10-16.