Based upon behavioral health programs' expanding role, the American Managed Behavioral Healthcare Association (AMBHA) began to reexamine its scope of programs and activities.
What does AMBHA stand for?
AMBHA stands for American Managed Behavioral Healthcare Association
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Air Mobile Battle Force
- Airway Mucosal Blood Flow
- American Minority Business Forms (now American Diversity Business Solutions; Glenwood, MN)
- Asian Male/Black Female (relationship)
- Asset Master Balance File
- America's Most Beautiful Girls (pageants)
- American-Mongolian Business Group (Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia)
- Arab-Malaysian Banking Group (Malaysia)
- African Merchant Bank Holdings (South Africa)
- Archive and Museum of Black Heritage (London, England, UK)
- Adult Male Bow Hunter Limited
- Alberta Major Bantam Hockey League (Canada)
- A Marine Biotic Index
- Acute Multiple Brain Infarction
- Advanced Methods for Building Diagnostics and Maintenance (EU project)
- Alden March Bioethics Institute (est. 2005; Albany, NY)
- Alliance of Multicultural Bisexuals (Washington, DC)
- American Bittern (birds)
- Associação Médica Brasileira Iridologia
- Association of Merchant Bankers of India (Securities Exchange Board of India)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Surgeon General David Satcher for improved mental health care, America's health plans report significant gains in diagnosing and treating depression, according to a report released today by the American Association of Health Plans (AAHP) and the American Managed Behavioral Healthcare Association (AMBHA).
Pamela Greenberg, executive director of the American Managed Behavioral Healthcare Association, said she hopes the surgeon general's report results in increased availability of mental-health services.
18 /PRNewswire/ -- The American Association of Health Plans (AAHP) and the American Managed Behavioral Healthcare Association (AMBHA) applaud the Surgeon General for holding today's conference on Children's Mental Health.
Survey data show that the industry nearly doubled in covered lives between 1993 and 1997; the latest estimate puts the enrollment figure at approximately 170 million in 1997 (American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy, 1996, American Managed Behavioral Healthcare Association, 1997b).
WASHINGTON -- In its testimony before the Institute of Medicine meeting, Crossing the Quality Chasm - An Adaptation to Mental Health and Addictive Disorders, today the American Managed Behavioral Healthcare Association (AMBHA) released new data that shows over a 25 percent increase in the use of outpatient professional services for behavioral health disorders for the three-year period from 2000 through 2002 - a trend that can partially be attributed to the gradual fading of the societal stigma associated with seeking mental health services.
Several entities, including SAMHSA and the American Managed Behavioral Healthcare Association, are pre-paring to promote this report as providing a clear blueprint and a real opportunity for change.
13 /PRNewswire/ -- The following statement was issued today by the American Association of Health Plans and the American Managed Behavioral Healthcare Association on the release of the Surgeon General's report on Mental Health: The American Association of Health Plans (AAHP) and the American Managed Behavioral Healthcare Association (AMBHA) applaud the Surgeon General for releasing the Report on Mental Health.