June 22, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine (AIUM) and American Urological Association (AUA) are proud to announce the collaborative development of practice and training guidelines in the practice of urologic ultrasound which has led to the availability of practice accreditation through the AIUM.
What does AIUM stand for?
AIUM stands for American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of AIUM
We have 2 other meanings of AIUM in our Acronym Attic
- Astronomical Institutes of the University of Bonn (now Argelander Institute for Astronomy; Germany)
- All Instantiated Use Cases (software testing)
- Associazione Italiana Ulcere Cutanee (Italian: Italian Association for the Study of Skin Ulcers)
- All India United Democratic Front (political group)
- Associazione Italia Uganda Emmaus Foundation (Italian humanitarian group; Pavia, Italy)
- As I Understand It
- Amnesty International UK
- Archery-Interchange UK (Online Archery Community)
- Administering and Implementing Unified Messaging
- American Indians at the University of Michigan
- American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine and the National Electrical Manufacturers Association
- American International University of Management and Technology (est. 1997; Irvine, CA)
- American International Underwriters Overseas Ltd. (Bermuda)
- Acceptable Internet Use Policy
- Angle-Integrated Ultraviolet Photoelectron Spectroscopy
- Adjusted Insured Unemployment Rate
- Air Interface User Rate (telecommunications)
- Acute Infections of the Upper Respiratory Tract
- American Internet User Survey (Cyber Dialogue)
- Australian Institute for University Studies
Samples in periodicals archive:
The American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine (AIUM) is taking a tougher stance on the use of ultrasound for nonmedical purposes.
But the American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine and the U.
0 for its multi-specialty SONOLINE G60 S(TM) ultrasound system at the American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine meeting, March 23-26, 2006 in Washington D.
The American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine has released a statement opposing the practice of using ultrasound for entertainment purposes.
Thomas Stavros and Cindy Rapp will be presented at the American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine (AIUM) in Washington (March 23 - 25, 2006), continuing to build clinical validation and acceptance of B-CAD(TM); The Medipattern Corporation develops computer-aided detection (CAD) software applications for medical imaging.
Thomas Stavros and Cindy Rapp were accepted for presentation at the American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine (AIUM), continuing to build clinical validation and acceptance of B-CAD(TM); - Achieved full Quality Assurance System Approval Certificate, allowing for CE Marking (primarily for the European market); - Received Canadian Medical Devices Conformity Assessment System registration (CMDCAS), leading to the issuance of a Canadian Medical Device License by Health Canada; - Successfully registered Medipattern's Quality Management System to ISO 13485:2003 standard; and - Named to the TSX Venture 50.
Anderson Cancer Center, and the 2004 recipient of the Presidential Recognition Award from the American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine for his outstanding contributions to ultrasound in medicine.