In addition to being the first President of the Engineers' Society of Western Pennsylvania, Metcalf was President of the Duquesne Club (1881-2), President of the American Institute of Mining Engineers, President of the Homeopathic Hospital of Pittsburgh, and member of the American Society of Civil Engineers, American Society of Mechanical Engineers, British Institute of Civil Engineers and the Episcopal Church.
What does AIME stand for?
AIME stands for American Institute of Mining Engineers (now American Institute of Mining, Metallurgical, and Petroleum Engineers)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of AIME
We have 31 other meanings of AIME in our Acronym Attic
- Aviation Intermediate Maintenance Depot
- Avionics Integrated Maintenance Department
- Active Implantable Medical Devices Directive
- All India MD/MS Doctors Association (India)
- Artificial Intelligence in Medicine and Medical Decision-Making
- Automated Incoming Message Distribution System
- Ab Initio Molecular Dynamics Simulated Annealing
- Aircraft Interiors Middle East (trade show)
- Airway Interventions & Management in Emergencies (medical care)
- Alabama Institute for Manufacturing Excellence
- American Institute of Mining, Metallurgical, and Petroleum Engineers, Inc. (formerly American Institute of Mining Engineers)
- American Invitational Mathematics Examination
- AOL Instant Messenger Express
- Artificial Intelligence and Mathematics
- Artificial Intelligence in Medicine
- Asia-Pacific Incentives & Meetings Expo (Australia)
- Association of Industrial Management and Economics
- Association of Institutions concerned with Medical Engineering
- Association of International Motion Engineers
- Auto Insurance Made Easy (insurance)
Samples in periodicals archive:
He has a Bachelor of Science in Mining Engineering from the Mackay School of Mines at the University of Nevada-Reno, he is a member of the American Institute of Mining Engineers and he is a member of the Engineering Honour Society Tau Beta Phi.
Kostuik is a registered Professional Engineer in Ontario, and is a member of the American Institute of Mining Engineers, the Mining and Metallurgical Society of America and the Canadian Institute of Mining and Metallurgy.
Neerhout is a member of the Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers, the American Petroleum Institute, the American Institute of Mining Engineers, the British-North American Committee of the National Planning Association, and the United States Committee on Large Dams; a director of Homestake Mining Co.