About the National Congress of American Indians Founded in 1944, the National Congress of American Indians is the oldest, largest and most representative American Indian and Alaska Native organization in the country.
What does AIAN stand for?
AIAN stands for American Indian and Alaska Native
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of AIAN
We have 2 other meanings of AIAN in our Acronym Attic
- Away in a Manger (song)
- All India Agarbathi Manufacturers Association
- American Institute of Architects Monterey Bay Chapter (California)
- Alliance of Independent Academic Medical Centers
- Association of International Automobile Manufacturers of Canada
- All India Association for Micro Enterprise Development
- American Institute of Architects, Michigan (Detroit, MI)
- American Institute of Architects of Minnesota
- Army Integrated Ammunition Modernization Plan
- Access International Academy Ningbo (Zhejiang, China)
- Atlanta Interfaith AIDS Network (Atlanta, GA)
- Australian Independent Artists Network (music community)
- American Indian/Alaska Native area (US Census Bureau)
- Association of Indian-Americans of North America
- American Indian Alaska Native Area Class Code (US Census)
- American International Association of Nutritional Education (Florida, Venezuela, Spain)
- American Indian/Alaska Native Employees Association
- American Indian Alaska Native Employment Program (National Institutes of Health; US Department of Health and Human Services)
- American Institute of Architects New Hampshire
- American Indian area/Alaska Native area/Hawaiian home land (US Census Bureau)
Samples in periodicals archive:
17) Unfortunately, the story of Ronnie Tom is an all-too-common reality for American Indian and Alaska Native people living in the United States' domestic dependent nations (Indian Country).
Though other studies have found that American Indian and Alaska Natives might have higher risks of influenza-related hospitalization and death because they tend to suffer more from chronic diseases such as diabetes, the new study found that American Indians hospitalized in New Mexico from H1N1 flu had lower rates of chronic diseases than other racial and ethnic groups.
Stressful life events and co-occurring depression, substance abuse and suicidality among American Indian and Alaska Native adolescents.
American Indian and Alaska Native communities: Past efforts, future inquiries.
8) Manson SM, Tatum E & Dinges NG, Prevention research among American Indian and Alaska Native communities; charting future course for theory and practice in mental health.
Native Veterans Able to Access Care Closer to Home WASHINGTON -- American Indian and Alaska Native Veterans will soon have increased access to health care services closer to home following a recent Department of Veterans Affairs and Indian Health Service (IHS) joint national agreement.
Census Bureau released the 2010 Census American Indian and Alaska Native Summary File.